Friday, February 4, 2011

Nerd is my Gender


What is your gender?  Man, woman, boy, girl, femme, bear, whatever?

Mine is nerd.  By that I mean, everything I’ve ever done that was nerdy fit me in a way that is beyond masculine or feminine.  I do not feel male or female.  My body doesn’t fit my gender, nor is there a body for my gender.

“Are you a girl?”  Yes, well maybe, but no, wait, that’s not really it…

“Are you a boy?”  No, it’s not it either, it’s just that…

“Well, what are you?”  I don’t know, I’m just my nerdy self.

Gender is tied in closely with sexuality, and mine is no different.  I am almost exclusively attracted to other nerds.  I am a homo-nerd, nerd-queer.

Do not expect a nerd to look or act a particular way.  This often leads people to confuse us with geeks and dorks.  What is the difference?  Nerd? Geek? or Dork?

So tell me: what is your gender?

No comments:

Post a Comment